Which of the following choices do you think has the greatest impact on environmental protection?
- Governmental Regulations
- Environmental Awareness Groups
- Individual Efforts
Do you agree or disagree with the following statement?
It is important to spend time learning about the history of the place where you live.
- Dinning Hall to close during Spring Break
- The school is planning to close the dinning hall during the spring break. There are two main reasons:
- There are not enough students on campus in vacation.
- Student could go to the restaurant in town to have some food.
- Man disagrees.
- There are some students on campus during the spring break. They have to stay here to study or work. In fact, the school could have another option, such as to open the dinning hall for only an hour or to provide a smaller menu.
- Going to town for food would be too time-consuming. Students want to make the best use of their time finishing their big assignments or something.
- Nudge Marketing
To gently push customers toward buying a product by using indirect cue or signal.
- A grocery store wants to persuade customers to buy more fresh vegetables. They first put up a big poster to meet their end. However, their customers didn't respond. Then they spare a section in their carts and put it in green color so as to remind customers eat more vegetables. The customers turned out to fill it up with more vegetables and the grocery store made a bigger profit.
- The student is not able to work in campus café but she need some money during the summer vacation.
- The student could try to work for extra hours to make summer money.
缺點：Her class is quite hard and she has to deal with a lot of assignments at the same time.
- The student could also find another part-time job in town.
缺點：Going to town to work could take her so much time. Plus, the bus schedule is limited. She could end up waiting quite late for the bus to come.
- Two benefits of dormancy
To sprout over a large area
- 【案例 1】
- A seed is going to sprout in a place but has to compete with other younger plants around it. But if it is in dormancy and a bird coincidentally falls down to grab it and takes it to another place. The seed could then sprout there and do not have to compete for resources.
To sprout in the most favorable weather condition
- 【案例 2】
- In desert, some seeds in dormancy would like to sprout after it rains since after rain it is easy to access to water and could have plenty of resources.