Topic: Three possible theories of what a sea-dwelling microorganism's eye might be for.
- The eye is used for following preys.
- The eye is used for sensing sunlight.
- The eye is used for aiming at having a better accuracy at other tiny life-forms when it is going to stab them.
- Other closely-related microorganisms which have no eyes could follow their prey successfully. Therefore, their eyes must be for other purposes.
- 2Scientists studying the evolution of microorganism find that they are becoming less and less dependent on sunlight for energy. Compared with their ancestors, the sea-dwelling microorganism is with a much more complex eye. So it must have other functions.
- After examining the eye thoroughly, researchers find that its eye couldn't focus quite well, thus not being able to have better accuracy at other tiny life-forms when stabbing them.
Your school is going to improve the teaching quality of the teachers of their high school students (ages 14-18), which of the following method do you think is better:
- To choose a group of excellent teachers; the teachers will attend an additional training led by one expert and then come back to the school to give other teachers this training
- To offer all the high school teachers the additional training in effective teaching, using online material and teachers could study individually